AquaOptimism™ represents a trademark, website, curriculum and materials owned by TMA Foundation (the “Provider”). The Provider is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information of our users (the “Users”).
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your data,
· Directly from you
· From 3rd party organisations (“Channel Partners”) that are purchasing curriculum units (“User Units”) on your behalf and for other Users (see TERMS & CONDITIONS for details)
What information do we collect and what do we do with it?
We collect information that we need and will use in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) https://gdpr.eu/what-is-gdpr/. GDPR is Europe’s data privacy and security law and is considered by many to be the toughest privacy and security law in the world. The type of information that we will collect about you, and which has been voluntarily provided to us through this website includes:
● Your name
● User name
● Organization details (if not an individual)
● Email address
● IP address
● Billing details for each purchaser of units and/or merchandise
Why we collect and process your personal data
The legal basis for processing your data is to provide our curriculum and merchandise to you in the performance of our Contract with you (see TERMS & CONDITIONS). We also collect and process your personal data to comply with our legal obligations, such as the proper administration of our organisation and for legitimate business reasons
How we use your information
● Make available our products and services to you.
● Process your orders.
● Take payment from you.
● For statistical analysis and to get feedback from you about our products, websites, as well as other services and activities. For example, we may invite you to review a product or service you have purchased from us or used.
● Help us understand more about you as a customer, and the products and services you consume, so we can better serve you.
● To send you emails about AquaOptimism related course(s), course content, your course progress, or other related information and updates. We may also use your email to inform you about changes or updates to a course or event.
● Help answer your questions and solve any issues you may have.
How do you get my consent?
Any information that you or a Channel Partner submit via our website has been provided to us voluntarily (“Opt-In”) in order for us to provide goods and services according to our Terms & Conditions.
If we ask for personal information for a secondary reason, we will either ask directly for expressed consent, or provide an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
After you Opt-In, you can change your mind at any time and withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for either the continued collection of data, use of that data, or disclosure of your information. You may withdraw your consent by simply unsubscribing from our mailing list.
We may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
● If the law or a public authority says we must share personal data.
● If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk).
How you can access, update or delete your data
To easily access, view, update, amend your personal data (where available), or to update your account notification preferences, please sign into your User Account dashboard.
If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honoured only to the extent that it is no longer necessary for any services and products purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
If you are unable for any reason to access your Account Settings, you may contact your group leader.
How long do we keep your information?
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will retain personal information as long as you are active.
In the event that you do not purchase additional units, we will delete your information within 90-days after you are no longer a User.
We will not retain personal information for longer than is necessary. This is in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Data security is important and to protect personal data we have put in place suitable physical, technical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
If you make a purchase on our site, we use a third-party payment processor such as Stripe. Payments are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site and related courses and its service providers.
We collect cookies or similar tracking technologies. This means information that our website’s server transfers to your computer. This information can be used to track your session on our website. Cookies may also be used to customize our website content for you as an individual. If you are using one of the common Internet web browsers, you can set up your browser to either let you know when you receive a cookie or to deny cookie access to your computer.
● Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third-party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
● We may also use automated tracking methods on our website, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
● Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Web Analysis Tools
We may use web analysis tools that are built into the AquaOptimism website to measure and collect anonymous session information. We do this so that we can understand User interaction with our website, and to improve the User experience.
Sharing with trusted third parties.
We may share your personal data with affiliated companies, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third-party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
● Processing credit card payments
● Serving advertisements
● Performing analysis of our services and customers demographics
● Communicating with you, such as by way of email or survey delivery
● Customer relationship management
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
WHEN YOU CLICK ON LINKS ON OUR WEBSITE, THEY MAY DIRECT YOU AWAY FROM OUR SITE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF OTHER SITES AND ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ THEIR PRIVACY STATEMENTS.
Age of Consent
BY USING THIS SITE, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE THE AGE OF CONSENT IN YOUR COUNTRY, STATE OR PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE.
If our site, curriculum and/or merchandise is acquired or merged with another organization, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products and services to you.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Contact Information If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org